One of the biggest obstacles facing companies that wish to diversify is a fundamental misunderstanding of what they already have; that is why we often begin by providing a profile of the unit, level of staff, and or positions you would like to diversify. Our signature Workforce Profiles collect data from your current workforce and/or board to identify what demographics, skillsets, educational backgrounds, and professional experience is already represented and what you need. It provides a unique opportunity to learn about the strengths and weaknesses of your organization’s human capital and to be realistic about what you can expect from future candidates.
Using qualitative and quantitative information garnered from your organization’s records and reports, as well as interviews or surveys of leadership and employees, we examine the norms, behaviors, underlying beliefs and values of your organization from the inside out.
This provides an opportunity to explore some or all of the following:
- Potential disparities in hiring, performance appraisals, compensation and retention across various demographic dimensions
- Practices and behaviors that impact the inclusivity of your organization including HR systems and policies.
- The efficacy of diversity initiatives already in place such as employee resources groups, diversity managers and diversity committees
- The efficacy of formal and informal incentives to recruit and maintain a more diverse workforce or board.
- Unconscious biases
- The commitment of leadership and management to diversity
Many companies which seek to diversify face an uphill battle to retain their new talent. We work with your organization to determine reasons for unwanted turnover in the long and the short term. Through interviews with diverse employees regarding their expectations, degree of comfort, and needs, we can identify immediate actions you should take to increase retention. We also establish exit interview questions that specifically address issues of diversity and equity among voluntary and involuntary leavers so that your company can monitor demographic disparities in the rate and reasons employees leave.
Monitoring of D&E Objectives
Every organization is unique. Once we’ve worked with you to determine your diversity and equity goals and create strategies to achieve them, we establish a substantive method of monitoring those objectives in the short and long-terms.